Well, it has been so great to be back in town after the road trip. I have not really done very much besides relax after practices. I dressed the other night but did not play so we will see if I dress again I am thinking no. Megs is in town and trying to show her around a little but we have not had any days off apparently we "don't handle them well" so they may not be coming anymore!! We thought one was coming but we watched a movie because "we have to stay together as a team" even though we had an appearance later that day.
The appearance was really cool it was opening a reading and learning center for homeless kids, it had computers, video games,a classroom that taught grades 7-12 and showers for kids. It was a lot of fun the kids were all so excited and we gave away a bunch of shirts and little prizes although I did get the most boring station... arts and crafts. I was like are you serious I am not artsy or crafty so made do attempting to help kids make pennants. It was really neat to see how excited they all were and makes you count your blessings. It was crazy the lady said people often say that the kids don't "look" homeless but she said it isn't like they are out on the streets begging they are going to school and hanging out there during the day and going to sleep in a car at night. They were great kids though!
We did get drug tested today it was such a great surprise that it happened at practice instead of on the raod so we had a lot of time we could go in and out after practice or before. Megs and I got pedicures today first time in a while, feels so nice!
Ben gets into town tomorrow so that should be great. I keep on forgetting my pictures so that will have to wait another day.
I can't believe we have only 3 more games and this season is over... after playoffs of course.
1 comment:
Um what?? Arts and crafts...can you say TAC 11/12. Thanks Ms Mark...I'll take that into consideration next time I am sewing a quilt, NOT to write "Woof Woof" beside dogs...clearly they made the right choice putting you at that station!
Post a Comment