I have decided I don't really ever want to have to own a car. I understand it is inevitable if I live in North America but they suck. It is my goal to postpone buying a car for as long as I can. The little red car that Ben drove down not sure if you remember but the steering wheel didn't really want to turn (right before Ben left for CT). Upon dads recommendation I picked up some power steering fluid from wal mart and let the car sit in it's spot until I had some time to deal with it (side note while sitting there someone drew a massive male reproductive part exploding on the back of my car as well as some little ones all along the side. Thinking about reporting it to the office just to see how they describe it in next months newsletter; my car is not the only victim). Today I had my teammate follow me to the car shop only problem I couldn't find it and wound up pulling into a business park and what do you know the steering that had been difficult throughout was now impossible all the muscle in my arms would not turn this wheel. Thank God it didn't happen while I was driving! I was grumpy and mad at the stupid red car so I just left it there prepared to ditch it (sorry Megs) so when I found my way to the auto shop (1 block away) I was not prepared and had to guess the vehicle model, year and no idea what the license plate was. Thankfully the ladies at the reception were super nice and I did guess both the year and model correctly so they won't know how ignorant I really am. The only concern is that I have not heard back from them left the keys there a few hours ago was hoping they would call back tonight, I will keep you all posted.
There was some good today we had our players association meeting today which means CHECKS!! Basically the teams in the league all have a minimum salary and whatever they don't spend gets divided up and given to all the players in the league. It is always exciting as we have no idea how much it will be for and this year it was 1460 a few hundred more than last year!
I also learned that I can get free health insurance for the rest of my life with workers comp. A lawyer from them came and talked to us today about how we can file for accumulative injuries at the end of our career (as long as we have legit injuries) I think I am in seeing as though the doctor told me that my foot injury will never heal! I was pretty excited about that!
The air is so bad today that as soon as you go outside your eyes are burning.
1 comment:
I've never heard someone so excited about a foot injury that will never heal ;)
Post a Comment