Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Engaged in Utah!

I have had a great February so far Ben and I were out in Salt Lake for about 12 days. We had an absolute blast the trip started off a little rocky with our flight being cancelled because of snow in Baltimore. So we wound up flying in a day earlier which worked out well giving us another day to hang out. The trip flew by I got to train with the Utah girls and workout in the old stomping grounds. Nothing like a little lung burning to bring me back to my time as a Ute. We saw the girls lose a heart breaking 4 OT game and a few nights later saw the men also lose in OT. Apparently we were not a good luck charm.

Ben skied almost most days and was pretty sore at the end of night! I got up to ski and had a blast, I can't wait to get back into skiing I wanted to buy all sorts of gear when I was up there!!

The biggest news of the trip was that Ben proposed! We were visiting friends and he told me he wanted to take the long drive back. He pulled into the parking lot at the U and we decided to go for a walk when we got to the steps where we first met he pulled me back got down on one knee and proposed. I didn't sleep at all that night! There were a lot of phone calls made the next day!

We just arrived in Mission after a long day of travel looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning! We are both pretty excited to take in some of the Olympics so we will keep you posted!

1 comment: