We just played our last road game in Pamplona the city that is famous for the running of the bulls. It was quite a cute little university town but we did not get much time to explore it.
We did go for a quick jog through town Friday night. Upon arriving we were told we could not use our shoot around time and so fearing we may be lethargic if we had a day off we were told to lace up our sneakers we were going for a run. I had no idea going for a run was an option thus laced up my travel runners sans orthotics and headed out the door. I felt like the fat kid in gym class, as soon as I was out of the teachers view I slowed down to what one may consider a "walk/jog". I was proud of myself after the fact because I know full well that my ankle can longer run in the cold on pavement and wake up to play a basketball game the next day. In Europe sometimes you have to look out for yourself and while it went against all my instincts as a person and teammate I did it! The next morning we also somehow got a gym time at a different gym! I was thankful my "running" clothes were not too sweaty!
We wound up losing the game it was a game we should have won which always makes things worse. After the game we showered, ate dinner and watched the whole game on film! Not a pretty sight, kind of like pouring salt into wounds.
We are back at home now and this is the last week we have to play two games! After Saturday we are on to our regular schedule of one game a weekend!
Michelle is in Espana as we speak and will be making her way to the island a week from tomorrow, getting excited to see her!
No comments:
Post a Comment