We lost another game last night. Our team played really terrible defense which is something we are normally pretty good at. The loss stings even more because it came after our first "light" week of practices. The past few weeks we have ran and ran and by the time the game rolled around on Saturday my legs were gone. This week was a different story but since we lost it will probably never be repeated.
I went out to dinner last night after the game with a few teammates and some girls that play on the second division team here in Ibiza. It was this little restaurant that you had to reserve a table for because for only 20 euros it was unlimited food and lambrusco and sangria. The food was typical spanish fare; meats, salads with cheeses or tuna, toast with olive oil and tomato spread. It was all so delicious, this was also the first time I tried sangria in Spain... it was tasty.
Dinner ended around 130pm and I was not up for staying out until 7am so I opted to take a taxi back home. In most cities I would not feel safe walking around by myself at 130 in the morning. However in Ibiza the streets were packed with people just heading out to a bar or club. If this is the down season I can't even imagine the summers here. They range in ages from teenagers to 60 year olds. I honestly don't know how they do it, maybe it is something you need to start training for at a young age.
My spanish and driving are improving. Although I don't think I will master either, I just might be able to get by.
1 comment:
Hi Kim. Just checking in to see how things are going. The little restaurant sounds fun. Hope your coach doesn't wear you out with long practices. Take care.
Post a Comment