I know it has been a while but after spending a few months in front of the computer I thought I would take a little break from it so I am back to posting now!
My travel day was long it began at 530am when I had to get up and drive my car back to the dealership (I am happy to report no incidents) and then get picked up to drive to the airport. We had to leave really early because rush hour in Brussels is bad but this meant that I was at the airport 3 hours before my flight left. As soon as I got my ticket I found out there was a "no fly zone" in London and our flight was delayed so the panic began to creep in that I would miss my connection since I didn't have my second boarding pass because I was flying BA first leg and AC second leg they aren't partners. The delay was about 45 minutes so once we boarded nad were ready to leave there was a "no fly zone" in Brussels airport! Really rotten luck as this was the first time in my flying past that I have ever heard of a no fly zone, and then it happens twice on the same day! We landed at 1105 and my next flight left at 12. I had to switch terminals with buses and clear security again I realized that I had to run. I always feel bad for the people running through the airport but I also can't help but chuckle at the sight of them half running half speed walking with all their luggage faces flushed. I was one of them, I started out walking fast you know trying not to look like I was sprinting but then I said I just want to be home and broke out into an all out run. I arrived at the Air Canada gate at 1130 only to find out they close the gates an hour before the plane leaves so no I could not catch my flight. I wound up being re-routed through Toronto and then onto Vancouver. What would have been just one 8 hour flight became a 7.5 hour flight and a 5 hour flight. I did wind up making it home in one piece with my luggage and I was picked up at the airport so I guess I don't really have grounds to complain.
I am trying to take a break now which means 2 weeks with no working out... not even cardio. I have been fourtnate to get into some physio and massage appts. I had a massage the other day and just like that my shoulder that was bugging me to raise it was cured in half an hour. I went to physio the other day and tried to actually diagnose my foot that has been having good days and bad days since I recovered from the sprain in the summer. All winter I have been told that it is tired and nothing was wrong but there would be days when I couldn't walk on it and then there were days when it was fine. My physio figured out the problem in about5 minutes my post tib muscle was not working at all. All the bones it helps out in the foot weren't working properly. I have some excercises to sort it all out and re-train my muscle again.
I went to my cousins playoff basketball game the other night they lost but it was a close one!
That is about all I am off to have coffee with a friend!
No comments:
Post a Comment