Thursday, April 26, 2007

Getting Old

Man do I feel like I am getting old, my groin muscle was about to snap today during practice but again I don’t really feel like I can sit out of any drills so at the end of practice I wind up with one swollen groin. I didn’t think my legs could get any bigger! The foot is about the same but we have tomorrow off so I am hoping everything will heal up nicely. Last year we didn’t have a day off the whole training camp, so I don’t even know what to do with myself. My strength coach Jeff is going to hook me up with a Pilate’s class at his gym and then just do a little cardio. Coach tells us we are not allowed in the gym on days off, I am not sure how I feel about this yet, it is always nice for a break but I think shooting is fun. Instead I am trying to find something else here is where the Pilates comes in.

Dinner last night with Eric (my agent) last night was good he is a great guy I can’t say that I talked a whole lot because there was quite a few people at the table and I was content to just watch my games on the many TVs at the restaurant.

Practice went alright today it is really hard to judge where I stand, I am thinking I will have to play really well to make the team and I could see myself on IR (injured reserve) until someone actually gets injured. I figure they pay me either way and I know I will get better working out with Jeff (he is determined to make me faster) and one of our guard coaches Steve who likes to show me things. One day I will be regular contributor on a team in this league whether on not it is this year is still up in the air but I know I can do it!

I am feeling so lost without my Canadian phone…Michelle called today and I felt like I haven’t talked to her in years but don’t worry because Dad is on it! He has taken on my monkey and is once again going to solve my problem…yeah Dad!!!

It is getting hot around these parts I believe we are in middle to high 80s and it is still April. I have come to the realization that I don’t tan so I am opting for the shade and avoiding the skin cancer. I am really glad we don’t pay our utility bills!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

monkey says keep working input
=ouput.And you are not old that belongs to your father.

Brittany said...

hey no skin cancer for the two white girls on the team that can shoot!! Go Canucks!!!

erinn::haley said...

anonymous is a wise woman.