Thursday, October 18, 2007

Almost settled!

Alright well I know some people have been wondering but yes I am still alive here in Belgium. I did get picked up at the airport and was driven straight to the gym to watch my team play and them socialize and then to my apartement. I do not yet have internet so I feel like I am dead to the outside world, I have yet to talk to anybody although I will try later on today. First off my apartment is very cute although it is quite far from the gym. All my appliances are new but I do not have a dryer even though I am supposed to have one, my clothes are all over the the place drying right now. I live in a converted garage the lady who owns the house is very nice, she is a fan of the team and so very helpful whenever I have a question. The french has come in very handy as I got lost the other night and drove around for 3 hours. I know some people may not believe me but it really was 3 hours maybe more. Every time I asked for directions I got a new way to go but none led me to the little village I live in way out in the country. A few of the girls live together in a house way closer why I am not with them I don't know.
It is certainly a different way of live here as I was told to be at the gym at 830 this morning it is now 854 and I am waiting watching some boys play volleyball. Of course the cellphone that was also in my contract I do not have.

The coach is okay he talks in English for the most part. The girls are nice some very young and some old. One has her daughter on the team!

I have yet to explore much as I have gotten lost just going to the gym but to my defense there is freaking 100 roundabouts and 1 way streets and every time someone drove me they all went a different way.

The president did take me to the Citadel it is the fortress and it was really cool I can't wait to go back and check it out. It sits way above the town right on the river and there are massive holes in the walls from bombs but a lot of it still stands. The view from there is very nice as well.

I have a car an automatic thank goodness I could not have lived where I do if it wasn't! Right now it is a temporary as they are still ordering it or something I don't know. But it is the smallest car you have ever seen. It is great as far as driving though as people are freaking maniacs around here I thought the Viper could go fast. No these people drive like 160-170 on the highways and honk when you go slow. In town it is all fast too although the speed limits are the same as back home.
I also have some sort of satelite tv it is supposedly for watching English channels there are about 300 channels and so far I have found about 10 in English... BBC all news stuff. There tv is about 80% porn. I kid you not almost every channel is that. My teammate said but that is universal because you do not need an language. I am so thankful for Alias.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you arrived safely. Good to talk to you this morning Skpe is awesome. Look forward to further updates, Love you

erinn::haley said...

kim- alias will get you through till lost season 3 comes out in the next couple months! good luck with the driving!! i have been to france and scotland i remember how crazy those french drivers were, this sounds similar.