Friday, October 5, 2007

Roadtripping






Alright well MIchelle and I embarked on a Alberta adventure driving out to Lyodminster (no I don't know how to spell it!) to visit Megs. We were both up really early and since Megs didn't get out of class until 230 we needed something to do for a few hours loyd is a little small not many places to kill time so we headed to West Edmonton Mall. Then it was time to hit the road, it was a gorgeous day just open sky so Viper (Michelles new van) was crusing and we got to visit Megs, watch a practice and eat at a tiny little restaurant that was recommended by all the locals. Megs was lighting it up at practice and it was so much fun to picture where she is.
Megs and her roomate had the next day off so we headed back into West Edmonton Mall and hit up the amusment park staring death in the face. I have to say I may have screamed a little but because right before the rides I found out that the roller coaster had come off the track and killed 7 people I don't know when a while ago but still! It was a great day of shopping and rides and we put Megs and Sam on the greyhound back to Loyd as we were off to Calgary.
We were both really tired and just wanted to get a little road behind us so we decided not to stop for gas in Edmonton (we had more than a 1/4 tank). In the middle of nowhere the gas light comes on, some of you may already know this is a big fear of mine I always fill up when it gets below a half tank! We are both freaking out a little I know they say you can drive for a while but there is nothing in sight. After about 4 minutes of driving we see an exit with a gas sign but it may be a truckers gas stop only and in the confusion we missed the exit! Bad news so we had to drive another 10 minutes where all we saw were exits to other highways finally we saw some lights and no gas signs but we had to get off the highway we thought we were pushing our luck a little. We got off and both of us were leaning forward trying to push Viper to the gas station I called Dad because I was so nervous and I just needed to hear his reassurance I think. We wound up making it okay didn't run out and the rest of the ride was uneventful!

4 comments:

erinn::haley said...

ahh great pics. love the one of michelle gassin up "midnight"... she'll understand. hope you all are having fun together.
happy thanksgiving!

erinn::haley said...

i had no idea the van is called viper. she calls it midnight when i'm around:) i like viper... sounds speedy, like it is reliable and can get you to the gas station just in the nick of time:)

Anonymous said...

Erinn,
Viper is new....midnight alone just doesn't do the powerful, blue machine justice. HOw many other vehicles with stow n' go seating do you know of that can go 0 to 120 in 60 seconds. Kim came up with it out of nowhere and it just stuck. It can be Viper Midnight....that would work.

erinn::haley said...

i like viper a lot. it just caught me off guard! :)
totally joking. glad you get to be with part of your fam for thanksgiving michelle and kim too...