Saturday, July 21, 2007

Struck by lightning

Well first off Clo I threw my old mouthguard out in Brazil last summer!
We were in San Antonio this weekend and we lost so that makes it 3 in a row... what can you do? We had to wake up this morning at 445 and went to bed at 145 so not too much sleep, however some of my teamates didn't even go to bed so I have to say I was one of the sharper looking ones in the airport this morning. Flying to San Antonio was a new experience we flew Express Jet a new discount airline that markets itself as no middle seats as they sit one thenn an aisle then two. Translation small plane. I was pumped somwehow I got two seats to myslef on the way back so I was spread out sleeping when we hit some nasty turbulence so I kind of sat up when a huge flash of light surrounded our plane. Two seconds before this the flight attendant had RAN to her seat. We were in the middle of a storm and we concluded that the tip of our plane was struck so I said a little prayer and talks started up about an emergency landing and mayday calls. None of this happened landed safely in Sacramento but now I can say I have been technically hit by lightning.
Side note the parents came in today and abducted my car barely turning their rental car in time at the airport. Great to visit with them and dad came just in time as I hvae an ANT INFESTATION. I don't know when or how but when I came back today I noticed some ants on the wall 5 to be exact so I killed them all and started looking around only to feel surrounded by these tiny creatures. I was on the carpet with my lysol trying to stomp and kill vacummed for a good 30 minutes and still ants! ONce I got my car back we headed straight for the home depot and selected a ant raider I have to say there was quite a few options and lots of people surrounding the ant seciton... ants may be taking over the whole Natomas area. We got back to the apartement and dad went to work, I followed up with the whiffle ball bat getting any of those pesky guys that thought they could live after breaking into my apartement. I studied the apartement and it is looking like we may be in the clear but I am calling an exterminator first thing Monday morning!!

2 comments:

erinn::haley said...

kim i like your stories about adventures. thanks for the posts:)

Jess said...

The knew that wiffle ball bat would be good for another purpose! Ya so I have just been laughing my ass off...I mean, after knowing that you are ok....but whos plane gets struck by lightning....thats ridiculous. Those were some great posts...