I guess it has been a couple of days since my last post, no excusues I have just been lazy I guess. We had the last two days off which would have been fantastic except that everyone left so I had no visitors to play with me all day. Ben left with his parents in the middle of the day so we started the morning off with a little IHOP and I dropped him off at the airport and was back at my apartement for a nap. I had trouble falling asleep so I headed out to the pool I was wearing sunscreen of course but after about 40 minutes I saw an infestation of freckles on my arms and decided the sun wasn't good for me so I headed back inside. You need to understand the temperature here is over 100 and the heat is becoming unbearable. I decided to spend the rest of the day cruising hte mini malls in Natomas. I spent a good hour or two in Borders looking up books and checking out Belgium and Chile. I was just trying to find some things to pass the time. Apparently Belgium is known for its beer and chocolate! I rented some movies and called it a night. The next day I had a incredible pool workout with our strength coach. We have this small pool at the practice facility it is in the back with the cold tub and hot tub and sauna room. My trainer is only in his 2nd year with the team so he had never used it before and was just making stuff up as he went along. I did all the water jogging but then he found some powerful jets. He turned those things on and I honestly felt like I was being thrown against the oppposite wall so I had to swim against this current for 2 minutes. I had to keep my jogging belt on so I didn't drown.
Today was the first practice day and it was pretty light not too much to report.
The big exciting news of the day for me was that I figured out that my car does have windshield wiping fluid. I was washing the windows while getting gas but the water kept drying right after I put it on and so it was still all muddy (my car is filthy with all the construction) so I said forget and got back in the car. Then I was playing around with teh buttons and found out how it works and there is water!
I am off to pack for the road trip heading to Minnesota and New York.
2 comments:
Tell Jeff to get it together before sending you off into the killer rapids there....
Happy July 4th (if you celebrate that). Things are creeping along slow here...but I will talk to you soon :)
kim that is quite the exciting news of the day, isn't it amazing what wipers and fluid will do?
your blog is great:) keep up the good work champ.
Post a Comment