Sunday, September 2, 2007

home safe and sound

Well we made it home safe and sound! I know I haven't posted in a while but the last two days in Sacramento went by fast. After we lost we came back the next morning and I was working on 2 hours of sleep but I really wanted to get home so I didn't take much of a nap so I could get things rolling. I went to the dentist to get my mouthguard and cleaned up and started packing. The next day was exit interviews which went alright and then back to the dentist get my exit physical. Which I passed with flying colours, even the second x-ray my bones have healed!! I said my goodbyes and got to hang out with Jeff, Getti, and the baby that night which was a lot of fun. We anticipated an early start but a few drinks the night before and not being able to load up the car (it is Natomas we didn't want all our belongings stolen) meant we left around 1130! I was still ambitious we could get to Portland, Ben made fun of me because after about 3 hours I was kind of hurting and I realized this was the longest stretch of time I have driven for! We stopped at Lake Shasta for lunch at a great little black bear diner, drove around the town and took off again with Ben taking over the wheel.
We stopped in Eugene that night Ben loves college towns, he got to run a lap of Hayward field and we got a good rest to start up the next morning. Ben did all the driving on day 2 I think he really wanted to drive across the border and of course we got pulled in! Ben thinks he is now Canada's most wanted! He looked like he was lying and we had a car full of crap! We made it safe and sound and it is good to be home!!

No comments: