Thursday, December 6, 2007

Delirious

We had our first official blow out in Euroleage the other day got smoked by the other team now I know it is bad to make excuses but I am going to throw some out there...
A 14 hour bus trip the night before resulted in some serious grumpiness exhibited by the coaching staff the NIGHT before hte game at practice we got a lecture on our last Belgium leage game and how we were taking too much rest maybe we weren't in shape and thats why we have been losing at the end of the games! Then we set up into all sorts of defensive slides and half court one on one... right into 5 on5 full court. Not my favourite type of practice but acceptable the night before a game ridicilous. I woke up the next morning with my groins on fire and not feeling ready for a game. Then shootaround we spend 10 minutes shooting the rest of the time 5 on0 3 times all our offenses!
Needless to say we got smoked down 11 points in the first 5 minutes (mostly on fast break baskets!!!) so it was unfourtanate but as I have gotten older I have finally realized it is just a game and am able to forget about it quickly.
Good news was that Maiga (teamate from first year in Sac) plays for the other team so it was so nice to see her I really wish we could have stayed the night and I could have hung out more with her but we had to bus home. She is a really neat person and was so helpful and encouraging my first year so it was great to catch up with her and see a familair face!
Onto the bus ride back home our coaching staff, president and groupies take hte losses hard so when we lose they take the stat sheet and a lot of beers and basically go off on their players!!! So there was beer flowing after the game and we were supposed to depart at 10 so the whole team is waiting in the lobby and at 1030 a teamate went down and told htem we were supposed to be leaving. They got a little upset told her they were in charge and we would leave when they were ready. New departure time 1130 (we all waited in teh lobby as we had already checked out at 10pm) Once we boarded the bus the alcohol had put people in an interesting mood and we had the opportunity to fall asleep to 15 tipsy adults singing and clapping along to the French music!! We made it home in one piece so it is all okay, my body however has no idea what time of day it is or day of the week I am off.
Belgium leage game Saturday (not my turn to play) and hopefully Sunday off!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe good times good times! I remember leaving the day of the game at 6am... 10 hour bus ride...dropped us off at a shopping centre for two hours before the game (too cheap to get rooms) then much like you get spanked and straight back on the bus. ahhh glad to see things haven't changed in the last ten years! clo

erinn::haley said...

shoot kim, that sounds rough. hope you had a good weekend off.