Thursday, December 13, 2007

Perspective

Well the hope of a long Christmas break is gone we lost at Valenciennes... it was a bad game. Things got crazy today coach some players didn't pass the ball and didn't really try, subbed themeselves in a total prodcution so we all got chewed out and spent 2 hours working on D. After the game I was really frusterated I rushed my shots in teh second half and thus didn't make any of them so I am just trying to find my shot still. I was trying to see the big picture that our struggles all happen for a a reason so I will be stronger when I push through this. All this was running through my head on the drive home. I was driving with a teamate and there were 3 cars following each other I was the middle car. It was a really really foggy night couldn't really see well and we were a litlte lost the coaches were still eating adn drinking (120am) so we took off and got directions. We came to a road with a yield sign and the first car went thorough I slowed and drove through and saw headlights I was like wow they are kind of close and then a second later in my rearview mirror I saw our third car get completely t-boned, the sound too of hte cars scrapping together so I stopped the car right away and my teamate and I sprinted to the car whch after the hit roated and was perched up on a solid cement street sign. The other car was going about 90 (or 65 for the Americans) so it looked awful. Thank God they were both alright albeit shoken up freaked out and the player in teh passenger seat has a bump on the back of her head.

It was crazy though normally another girl on our team sits in that seat in their car but since she is from France she drove with anotehr teamate so she could load up her car with Christmas decorations. The back is where the otehr car hit so if she was in the car it could have been really bad. The police came and our coaches and we wound up getting home around 3am. I certainly could not sleep just really shooken up watching it happen it is so crazy how life can change in a second so I stayed up until around 5am talking to my parents and Ben.

I was woken up this morning at 1030 by two policemen who were coming to confirm where I lived and my identity as I am just now getting my working papers! I answered the door my hair a mess just looking like I had 5 hours of sleep!
Today the president came to practice and gave us our "official car insurance papers" good timing!
Everyone... please drive safe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim we are so thankful that everyone is safe! It really does put a lot of things in life in perspective. Stay strong, we look forward to seeing you next week, and giving you the hugs we sent via the internet last night. Love mom

erinn::haley said...

wow crazy scary. glad you're ok. soon you'll be home in the land of SUV's and large sedans!