I am coming at you from LA today! We have had a difficult time travelling thus far this trip. It all started when we were flying into Chicago, we had an early morning practice and then headed out to the airport. The plane was delayed a half hour when we got there so we waited around and Sacramento is a small airport especially on the United side so there wasn't really anything to eat. Then we boarded the plane and sat on it for 2 hours yes 2 hours. I fell asleep and woke up to see that we were still on the ground I was frusterated but I just went with it because the office was on the tv. I love that show!! Then the captain came on and said bad weather in Chicago had us delayed at least another 2 hours... he was hoping we could get a jetway to let us off the plane. Then he recommended that we stay on because weather can change in an instant so not stray far away. Well it was rather comical we waited a good 2 hours and people slowly started boarding so some people on my team thought it would be funny if they sprinted to the plane like they were missing hte flight. Don't you know it started a mass chaos of like ten people running to hte plane I was talking to Michelle and started panicking I was like I have to go people are running. All in all we got to Chicago 4 hours later minus our coach and point guard who wanted Starbucks so left the terminal and didn't get back in time to board the flight they had to take a redeye that night!
Today we were flying to LA and the computer broke so we had an hour delay and then they had realized they had to fix something on the plane so again fell asleep and woke up to realize we were still on the ground. I did get to spend the day at Venice beach in LA. I am so dark now! Just kidding wore my sunscreen but it was a perfect temperature today so it was good to just walk around. We don't play for another 2 days so tomorrow should be another good day at the beach! Our point guard also got a concussion in the game so I could potentially dress but I am thinking probably not... if I did I would find out about an hour before the game is my guess!
We won our game in Chicago and I had a great time finding my way around the city! I was worried I was going to get lost which could easily happen with me so I walked one block from our hotel and came back to go off in another direction. It is a cool city.
I miss my fokkers who started training camp although I am excited that I will get some time to practice with them this year even if we win it all!
Michelle and Megs need to set aside the October 6/7 weekend to hang out with me... I am thinking roadtrip to visit Megs!!!!
1 comment:
Hey Kimmy,
Clo here...Adelaide just signed a Britany Wilkins is that your friend that just got cut? They are going to have an awesome team!!! Tell her she'll love it over here, and she's going to a good club.
Hope you're healthy soon. I'm off to Nationals this week as an Ass coach...should be interesting! cheers mate, Clo
Post a Comment