Well Ben left for home Monday night he was scheduled to leave Sunday but his first flight actually got cancelled so I got an extra day with him.
Yesterday in practice I came down on my ankle pretty badly a few days ago I had come down on it but it was one of the walk it off sprains that hurts a lot for a minute and then the pain goes away. This one was different I sat out the last 15 minutes of practice and in that time I already had a very nice golf ball on the side of my ankle. It is dissapointing because I felt like I was finally playing the way that I used to and with other injuries it looked like I was going to get some playing time so this feels like a set back. In the meantime I am icing and elevating all day long on our day off today and see how it all goes tomorrow, which I assume I will have to watch from the sidelines.
I do have to say it sucks being injured when you live alone, I remember getting ankle sprains at home and not leaving the couch all day except to go pee. Now I have to go cook, grocery shop and do all that the things you take for granted!
I decided to not go overseas until after Christmas I will re evaluate in December and see if I want to go over at all or take a break. Mentally and physically I can't play basketball year round anymore I need breaks!
No comments:
Post a Comment