A few days ago I arrived at the practice facility and was notified that I had drug testing that day (WNBA tests a minimum of 3 times a year I believe) I got on with my normal treatment and drank a little water then went back to check in and provide a sample. I produced my sample and they check to make sure it is not too diluted the guy has a crazy little machine and he takes a drop of your pee and drops it on this contraption that looks like a kaleidiscope he looks through it and it tells you the number. My first sample was a .8 I have to be at least 1.5. Apparently I am too hydrated so the man said well you didn't eat breakfast then so go eat something. I said I didn't eat breakfast we are here for over 6 hours of course I ate breakfast maybe enough for two people to make up for missing lunch. Then he said well don't drink anything else, heading into practice it didn't seem like the best advice. I left practice during stretching and provided my second sample which registered at 1.48 he said it couldn't pass because when my name came up on the computer it said "no dilutes" I guess my sample earlier this year was a little close. I went away really discouraged I mean it sucks to pee in front of somebody one time now I have to do it 3. I tried to drink minimally in practice because I was not about to stay at the practice facility all night to provide a sample and I managed to squeeze one out. I say squeeze because I didn't really have to pee but I really wanted to leave, I filled it just to the red line.
My ankle is improving I took two days off of practice and we had two days off so four days of complete rest and I tried to practice Monday. I say tried because it hurt and I don't know why I keep on going when it hurts I am stupid. It is feeling better today I can walk without pain now which is really nice. When I run it just feels like something is locked and the inside of my ankle won't bend so any type of flexion like running, shooting all bother it. I am going in for an MRI on Tuesday morning just to check things out make sure it is nothing serious.
We played our first game last night against LA and got smoked, paparrazi lined our hotel because Brittney Spears was staying there too, didn't see her at all though.
We are back at home to play Houston tomorrow.
Michelle gets in tonight and is staying for the long weekend!
1 comment:
a little jealous that you stayed at the same hotel as brittney spears... secondly, fantastic story about peeing... way to be hydrated!!!
Post a Comment