Monday, May 4, 2009

DC






Friday morning Ben and I loaded up the car and headed out to DC for Ben's college roomate's wedding. The drive was not too bad it took about 6 hours. We checked into our hotel and headed over to Georgetown there was a great little street that we walked up and down and I finally got to eat some Mexican food again!! Later that night we headed out to a bar to meet up with people going to the wedding. Saturday morning we were up early to hang out in DC, all the Smithsonian museums are free and parking on Saturdays was also free so it was a great morning. We went to the air and space museum and then spent some time at the American history museum. The wedding started at 430 and it was a lot of fun the reception was at the top of this apartement building in Arlington Virginia. It has amazing views of DC unfourtantly my brand new camera was dropped right on the lens and it would not close or take any more pictures. It was a fun night and I somehow fixed the camera the next day by shoving it back into place so I was able to take a picture of the terrible traffic we sat in on the drive home; it took about 8.5 hours to get home Sunday night!

Today was my meeting with the immigration lawyer and the good news is that I can stay in CT until training camp starts at the end of May. The bad news is that I can't work here at all this summer which is too bad I was hoping to do some camps but I guess that will not be the case.

No comments: