Sunday, May 17, 2009

I have been taking it easy for the last 10 days started feeling a little or a lot of pain in my ankle/shin area so I delegated myself to the pool! I have told stories of the rec center before all the older people coming up to chat or just watching from the window... a little creepy. Here are a few of the comments I received once I started swimming:
I thought you were swimming in your underwear.... not underwear like mine but my grandaughter's bright colours.
I swim in bathing suit bottoms and I wear a rash guard I am not going to go out and buy a bathing suit just to workout in but I do have to say I am fully covered compared to the numerous worn bathing suits I have seen come through!
Are you a synchronized swimmer?
I can honestly say this is the first time I have ever been confused for a synchro swimmer.
You must have run a full mile already?
I normally just put on a vest and do water running.
Today I had a lady come over to say that she was going to race me......

I must look like a really social person when I go to the gym because people always want to chat with me.

The good news is that after working out only in the water the last 10 days I have noticed significant improvement in my foot! I was attempting to self diagnose and was freaking out that I had a stress fracture but I am thinking/hoping it is just a little overuse tendonitis or shin splints and I will be ready to go come camp next week.

Went to the drive in Friday night and saw Angels and Demons and absolutely loved it would go and watch it again. The second movie was Obsessed and by the end of the movie there were maybe 8 cars left in the lot I think they all left because it was terrible. I would not recommend it but that is the great thing about the drive in I still got my moneys worth!

No comments: