Saturday, May 23, 2009

Switching up our normal Friday night routine Ben and I headed to Boston for the day to meet up with some of Ben's friends. Ben showed me around Harvard really cool campus and fun to check out walk around it a little. Walking around college campuses always makes me want to go back to school... what I would study I have no idea but I do miss it!! We ate dinner in the North End of Boston where they have amazing Italian restaurants every few feet, the food was amazing! We watched some of the basketball games and Sox game and then headed back to CT.
I had been trying to think of something to get Ben's family for putting up with me all these months and I know they love seafood so I was going to go to the local fish market and get some lobsters. I have never bought lobsters before I think they taste disgusting although before heading into the store I said I would try them again, maybe my taste changed as I got older. Then I walked in and call me naive (Ben did) but I thought they would be dead. As I asked the clerk how many I needed to feed 5-6 people he started pulling these creppy crawlers right out of the water, they were flipping and squirming I felt terrible for them. I am glad Ben was there though because then this guy pulls out a mammoth sized lobster and said this always looks impressive on your table I was like sure I like impressing people. Apparently that sucker would have cost me around 150. I ended up only buying two mostly because I was so thrown off when he didn't knock out lobster but put the live thing right into a bag and handed it to me. The whole drive home I was weary of the lobster breaking free from the bag and attacking me. It was not what I intended but at least his parents got some lobster, I heard it was good there was not a chance I was going to eat that after my experience.
I have also been trying to find health insurance for China, since I don't have my BC medical anymore I am not covered by Canada ball and any insurance I look for is above and beyond your provincial health. I tried to go through my american health but since I am not a US citizen I can't go that route... I need to figure out what I am and where I live. I am heading into camp Monday time has flown by this week, I need to get packing tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not naive at all! I was a cashier for a whole year, and put through quite a few of those before figuring out that they were really alive. (The tag said live lobster, but I thought they were snapped or killed fresh... )Anyway until it moved in the bag right in front of me, I had no idea! I am with you on this one.
Meg