Saturday, May 5, 2007

Arco frenzy

Alright so it was a practice in front on the Arco faithful today in Arco arena. Pretty funny it was only the season ticket holders so it wasn't too crazy but incredibly comical!! You would hit a shot and a couple hundred people would cheer for you (just in a drill wide open no D) I tell you what if you need a little confidence booster bring a cheering section to the gym! Everyone was really tired, we went pretty long yesterday (I had a really bad practice) but today was a new day and I was hitting my shots so that was good, especially with the fans there today. It was short...no Z drill, a few defensive drills where the fans only cheered for the offense, when you could only score points on D; it's true offense sells tickets!

Yo is very generous and gives away money lots for half court shots what not anyways 150 was on the table for a half court shot. I naturally bricked mine to the left, my college teammates know how horrible I am (we used to play a game in college Utes Win every shoot around after hitting a number of 3s you had to hit a half court shot and I think in my career I made 2) Kara made the half courter then after practice we played again this time coach was paying 50 for the first one to hit and a fan got an attempt as well. The fan came real close but Kara hit it again... I swear she practices this at night or something.
After that Yo said another 150 and Whiz (our GM) matched it so the prize was 300 for hitting from the opposite hash mark. This is REALLY FAR the hash mark is a little above the FT line on the other side of the court. A couple people went and my turn came up and I tell you what I need to hit the weight room or something. Apparently I looked like such a fool Yo was on the ground laughing at me! I said do I get money for making her laugh so bad she said ya...25 big ones for making a fool of myself. I think it was well worth it!!

Overall a very good practice day I also got the news that the Monarchs have a suite for the Keith Urban concert so when I make the team I will be going to my first ever concert! Ya I have never been to a concert, kind of embarrassing. 13 days till I find out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shoot Kim, you gotta start working on the long ball! Haha $25 for a bad effort huh :) Where did the ball land?? Like opposite free throw or what? Keep having fun out there!

-Will