

Alright so as promised here are the pictures of my little sis at prom. My favourite is of the family looking confused... I am just guessing someone taking the picture (maybe grandma or grandpa) were asking how it worked and this was everybodys reply! Megs you looked so sexy!!
Well I believe I told you that the last couple of days this has been just like a real job we are talking 930-430. I told my mom this tonight about how I don't even feel like I am getting enough calories in during the day and she said "you don't stop for lunch?" I said during practice??? Well no we don't the actual practice is only 3 to 3/5 hours but then we have meetings, treatments, cold tubs, extra cardio, lifting. IT all adds up and by the time I get home I just want to lay on the couch and eat. Good news is that it has me so tired I am definitely catching up on my sleep. The last two nights have been a solid 12 hours. We have tomorrow off which is nice. Coach didn't tell us to stay away from the gym so I may shoot a little and do some cardio I don't know yet, see how I feel in the morning. I got called out a little bit after practice, we scrimmage with these guys who live in Sac or go to college here so they were asking me if I was going to the club tonight, a couple of hte girls on our team were. I said I don't know maybe so they started riding me why wasn't I going what else was I going to do. Then they said you are just going to sit at home no come out. I was like no I have other stuff to do (IE. update my blog!!!) I really have to be in the mood to go out to the dancing clubs here are my reasons:
1- Not so much into the dancing: I have a small tumor like object on the top of my foot that hurts when I wear nice shoes and walk.
2- We normally don't have a DD and since I have so much experience (operation Red Nose) I would have volunteered because you never know. This for some reason is not always as fun.
3- When I went out last year the party didn't stop when the bar shut down it went all morning. Driving drunk people to IHOP at 4am not my idea of fun.
4- I just want to relax away from the people I just spent a week on the road with.
All these factors made my decision really easy although I was a little embarrassed that he called me out on being a bit of a loser staying in Friday night to sleep!
We got our "preliminary rooming list" for Phoenix, I am back with Britt!! However when I looked closer and saw PRELIMINARY I was wondering what this meant my conclusion is that whoever is on IR will find out a few hours before the team leaves and who knows if they will travel or not. I guess that is what makes this business so interesting.
I went back to my magic doctor today and he did his thing. The last two days I have been planting and cutting and it has been hurting a sharp pain that eventually goes away but I asked him how long he thought this condition would persist. He said "until you get a needle" I have to say I do not like this idea. I had a cortisone shot in college and I think it helped a little but it made me feel disgusting. I really am not sure, one of the other doctors also suggested this but as a last resort. I don't know if this is last resort right now or if it will help my pain but it is now something I am considering... if anyone has any opinions would love to hear them.
That is about all so I hope everyone is doing well!!
2 comments:
kim- got your comment/q re" cortisone inj. it's a sort term solution which i think can work, but not a long term treatment at all. for your foot? or shoulder? did you see my pics from visitin michelle?
Hey fellow smithsonian. I had a cortisone shot in my back....it was to try to figure out if i was a good candiate for surgery to see what was causing the pain (the herinated disk, bone spurs, arthritis or scolosis!) anyways...it kind of numbed me out a bit but didnt last. Personally I didnt really like the feeling too much. They wanted to do it more but the next step was an epideral so I never returned...hopefully they wont try to give you that !!!! ;)
Post a Comment